Mom's Chocolate Cake
— Lowell Cantor, Chief Operating Officer
Mom always made it.
- 1 package Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines or whatever chocolate cake mix (suggest using Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil’s Food)
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup corn oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ pint sour cream
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 package chocolate bits (semisweet)
- Grease bundt pan with the corn oil.
- Mix everything, except the chocolate bits, in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- Add chocolate bits and mix by hand.
- Cook 45–55 minutes in 350°F degree oven.
- Test with a toothpick; if toothpick comes out clean, then it’s done.
- Let it cool for 1 hour on cooling rack.
- Put it on a plate and add powder sugar.