I stopped eating meat a couple of months ago after watching the documentary Fork Over Knives. I thought it would be harder, but it hasn't been. I like vegetables, especially when they are grilled. Meat substitutes like seitan make things easy, too. I mixed them together and added some Asian flavor with sesame and ginger.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 box mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boxes Upton’s chorizo seitan
- Sesame oil
- 4 tbsp sesame ginger marinade
- Brown rice
- Mushroom broth
- Cut up eggplants and mushrooms. Mix with a little olive oil.
- Grill eggplants on high heat 5–7 minutes on each side; mushrooms just go in a grill basket 10–12 minutes.
- Cook up the 2 boxes of Upton’s chorizo seitan on high heat with a little sesame oil.
- Mix in the veggies and add some sesame ginger marinade.
- Cook up some brown rice using a 1:1 mix of mushroom broth and water.
- BaBoom! Serve the veggie/seitan mix over the rice. Victory!