My mom (born and raised in Venezuela) always makes, what our family lovingly nicknamed, "Venezuelan rice." I love exploring cooking with new foods, and after reading the instructions on the quinoa pack, I figured the Venezuelans knew best and have never turned back. Sauté all the good stuff with the uncooked quinoa, simmer, fluff, and serve!
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots or onions
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes or any spice you love
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 splash white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tbsp freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Wash and finely chop veggies of choice. Here I used shallots and an orange pepper. (Substitute any peppers, onions, or veggies you love).
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Crush chicken bouillon cube and sauté over medium heat with orange pepper, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes for 1–2 minutes until tender and browned.
- Add dry quinoa to pan. Sauté, stirring constantly, on medium heat for a couple minutes until evenly coated with sautéed veggie mixture.
- Add white wine, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer about 15–20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, fluff, and stir in chopped tomatoes, whole spinach leaves, sea salt and parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!