— Jessica Paul, Account Executive
This is a recipe that I had at a party and just loved, so it was the first dish I made for my family for Thanksgiving after I had moved out. It showed them I could actually bake now that I lived on my own.
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2–2½ cups crushed pretzels
- 1½ sticks melted butter
- 2 3-oz packages strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 package frozen sliced strawberries with juice, thawed to room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cups Cool Whip
Crust (make first)
- Combine sugar, crushed pretzels and butter together and press into a 13 x 9-inch glass pan.
- Put in refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the rest of Jell-O.
Jell-O Topping (make second)
- Heat the pineapple juice to a boil. Dissolve Jell-O with the pineapple juice.
- Wait about five minutes, then add defrosted strawberries and juice to the Jell-O. Stir well.
- Put in refrigerator to cool and partially set. Stir occasionally to help it cool. You want to be able to still pour this mixture, so don’t set too much.
Filling (make third)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip together with beater. Spread evenly over cooled pretzel crust.
- Once strawberry Jell-O mixture is cooled, pour it over the cream cheese filling. Chill overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve. Enjoy!