— John Scanlon, Financial Analyst
The first time I tried Texas Salsa was at a family game night. I could not get enough of it! I immediately asked for the recipe and have enjoyed it ever since!
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Frito’s Scoops
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, water, salt, pepper and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl add black-eyed peas, white corn, pinto beans and pimentos. Make sure to drain the liquid before pouring into the bowl. Add celery, green onions, and onion.
- Combine the marinade to the mixed ingredients in the large bowl and enjoy! In my expert opinion, the best complementary chip is Frito’s Scoops, but feel free to experiment!