— Ken Shore, EVP, Business Development and Innovation
This is a dish my wife made recently that was outstanding. For all intents and purposes, it is bread salad. What more could one want? Great, fresh bread and a ton of veggies.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf homemade wheat bread, cubed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 basil leaves
- ¼ cup Arugula, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the bread and salt. Cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently for 10 minutes or until browned. Add more oil, as needed.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all of the ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, red onion, basil, and arugula. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Serve or allow the salad to sit for about 30 minutes.