Thin Mint Ice Cream
— Dan Boland, UI/UX Specialist, Web Developer
Ice cream + Thin Mints. Doesn't need an explanation.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box Thin Mints
- Beat the eggs. Then add the sugar, a little at a time, while beating until smooth.
- Add cream, milk and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed. This is your base.
- Take sleeve 1 of the Thin Mints, coarsely chop the cookies, then process in a food processor until they look like coffee grounds. Then take sleeve 2 and coarsely chop the cookies at varying sizes. Keep separate.
- Pour the base into an ice cream maker. Every couple of minutes, add a portion of sleeve 1 until it integrates, then continue. A couple of minutes before the ice cream is ready, add the entirety of sleeve 2. The ingredients take 25–30 minutes to become ice cream, but this may vary, depending on your ice cream maker.