— Val Hytoff, Senior Account Executive
It is a family tradition on my mom's side, and it's my dad's favorite. The dish has become something I now bring to family brunches.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 pint milk
- 1 huge bag cheddar cheese (to make it extra cheesy)
- Cut off the crust on the white bread.
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters (stack more than 1 slice to make it quicker).
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch Pyrex pan.
- Layer with white bread squares.
- Layer cheese over the white bread.
- Another layer of white bread squares.
- Another layer of cheese.
- Mix/whisk eggs with milk.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the bread and cheese layers. Make sure the bread gets completely coated, paying special attention to the ends.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take out of the refrigerator a half-hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.