This snack won me over during a business trip to NYC. After exploring the city one evening, I was VERY hungry, tired, and craving sweets. When I mentioned this to my friend Brani, she reached into her bag and pulled out these little miracles. As I bit into one of them, she explained the recipe and raved about how easy they were to make. I was surprised to find out that something that was gluten AND sugar free could be so delicious and recharging.
- 8 tbsp flax seeds*
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds*
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- ½ tbsp roasted flax seeds*
- 1 tbsp cinnamon*
- 1½ tbsp coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 8 tbsp agave nectar*
- 6 tbsp coconut oil*
- ⅛ tbsp coconut milk (if needed, to dilute mix)
- Unsweetened coconut shavings (amount varies)
*Necessary ingredients; the rest are suggestions. You can play around with the ingredients to create different flavors. Feel free to experiment!
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry mix and stir using a large spoon. If the consistency of the combined ingredients is too thick, add ⅛ tbsp coconut milk to dilute.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the mixture.
- Dip the balls in unsweetened coconut shavings. Place in refrigerator for an hour to set. You can also place them in the freezer if you’re craving frozen treats.