Candied Bacon Strips
Like most American men, bacon is at the top of my food pyramid for a healthy lifestyle. I was introduced to the revolutionary Candied Bacon Strips by my cousin Jordan, who loves to cook and take traditional food and put a college spin on it. What a better treat to do this to than bacon. Everyone’s favorite morning treat. Now you can enjoy this delicious snack morning, noon, and night — or midnight too!
- 1 bag brown sugar
- 1½ lbs bacon (feel free to add more bacon)
- Maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a wire cooling rack in a shallow baking dish or place tinfoil on a cookie sheet (the first method is preferred).
- Coat each piece of bacon (on both sides, of course) with brown sugar very heavily.
- Place each piece of bacon on the wire cooling rack or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then flip the pieces to bake another 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, drizzle a little bit of syrup on each piece for a delicious glaze.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Let cool for a few minutes (if you can resist) so that the strips can harden.
- Grab your weapon of choice to fight off friends, and enjoy as many pieces as possible.