Aunt Shirley's Corn Pudding
— Megan Schickedanz, Associate Director, Digital Project Management
Aunt Shirley began bringing a bit of southern charm to our Midwestern holiday gatherings with this awesome side dish that brings some buttery sweetness into the meal. Now it's a staple at every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp butter
- 10 oz frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place an 8 x 8-inch glass casserole into a larger pan filled with water; put in oven. Melt butter in the 8 x 8-inch pan.
- While butter melts, mix eggs, flour, sugar, salt and 1 cup of milk in blender.
- Add corn to blender mix, chop enough to combine, but not so much the corn kernels are indistinguishable.
- Pour mixture into pan with butter, folding in remaining 1 cup of milk.
- Bake in a hot water bath for 1 hour. Fold at 10, 20 and 25 minutes. Broil for an additional 5 minutes at 350°F to brown the top.