Mom's Turkey Chili
— Tracy Slutzky, Director of Marketing
Mom used to make it, and I love it! However, no one else in my house eats it, so I'm always looking for an excuse to make it. It's also super easy to make.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves mashed garlic
- 3 cups diced onions
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2½ tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 4-oz can chopped chili peppers
- 1 28-oz can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato paste
- Pinch sugar
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained (I sometimes like to use 1 can kidney and 1 can garbanzo beans.)
- Sauté garlic and onions in oil.
- Add turkey, brown until cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Simmer for 1 hour.