Mrs. Tullo's Go-To Carrot Cake Recipe
This is mom's carrot cake recipe that she got from her aunt’s church potluck cookbook in 1983. She makes it a couple times a year, especially during holiday gatherings, and it’s always a big hit. It can make a cake, or sometimes she divides them up into "cupcakes."
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups salad oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 small can (20 oz) crushed pineapple
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ box powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix oil, sugar and eggs, beating after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add carrots, pineapple and nuts. Bake at 350°F for 35–40 minutes. Frost when cooled.