Coconut Almond White Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a favorite of my friends and family. I love coconut, so I had to share something using it in our holiday book. I make these cookies year-round, but they are especially nice for the holidays because they are so unique. Very few recipes require coconut AND white chocolate chips — no one can resist those ingredients!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix the following dry ingredients in one bowl: all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Blend the following ingredients in a separate bowl: melted butter, whipped egg, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry while mixing.
- Add white chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
- Add milk, as needed, to create soft-textured cookie dough.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies look slightly golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 4–5 minutes.