Mom's Homemade Potato Salad
— Paul Wons, Video and Animation Designer
I remember my mom always making this for parties when I was growing up and helping her out in the kitchen. I have made this for all my family and friends and they love it and always ask me to make it for their parties.
- 1 stalk celery
- 9 eggs
- 1 dozen potatoes
- 3 tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Hellmann’s mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 large yellow onion
- Salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in a pot until soft. Drain water, set aside and let cool.
- Next, chop celery, onion, and eggs into small pieces and put into a bowl. Add 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Once cooled, peel the skins off and dice into bite-size pieces. Then add them to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Finally, add Hellmann’s mayonnaise to the ingredients in the bowl and mix.
- Cover and let cool in the refrigerator overnight. (You may have to add more mayonnaise in the morning.)