Grandma Lois' Lovely Lemon Tahini Hummus!
— John Billings, Human Resources Manager
My grandfather was a Foreign Service officer stationed in the Middle East. While there, my grandmother acquired many delicious recipes to make various dishes, including tabouli, falafel, and my personal favorite, hummus.
- 2 cans chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup lemon juice (fresh lemons are preferable!)
- ⅔ cup tahini paste (stir with a spoon, if necessary, in order to pour smoothly)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large garlic cloves
- Pour lemon juice into the blender/food processor.
- Slowly add tahini, salt and crushed garlic.
- Add chickpeas.
- Blend and chill. Serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables.